Saturday, May 23, 2009

Rasta Jewelry

Wow, can you believe the sales on rasta jewelry? The popular jewelry boasting the red, yellow, black and green colors of the Jamaican flag have been a huge hit so far this season. Some of the rasta jewelry even includes a pendant with an image of Bob Marley. These styles of rasta jewelry are selling as well if not better than the more generic styles. If there are any other retailers out there that would like to share success of their rasta jewelry sales, please leave us your comments here.

Again, you can check out cooljewels.com, they seem to have the best assortment of rastafari jewelry. If your shop sells any type of rasta wear, including rasta jewelry such as rasta earrings or necklaces, then you'll definitely want to check out this site. The only thing I found that they do not carry is rasta body jewelry, however I have found them on another site, but this type of rasta jewelry did not sell well for us at all.



So, what has caused the recent popularity of rasta jewelry? I mean, rasta wear has been around for centuries, but as of the last couple years, it seems to have gone main stream! If reggae jewelry or other Rastafarian styles where ever going to take off, one would figure it would have been in the 90's when the "Cool Runnings" movie came out about the Jamaican bobsled team. However, my guess is that rasta jewelry has been popular because of the way it fits in with the whole "Peace, Love, and Happiness" theme. Ever since the peace sign has come back into popularity, and boy, did it come back with a vengeance - Bob Marley rasta jewelry has hitched a free ride.

6 comments:

  1. Hey Julie, thanks for your insight on the rasta jewelry. We tried some from cooljewels.com, and we're blowing out of it. I've seen rasta jewelry around for a while, but did not realize this jewelry was so main stream. We appreciate all the help and guidance in the wholesale fashion jewelry world - thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome. I appreciate you following my post on the rasta jewelry. If any of my readers are looking to buy rasta jewelry, or purchase any rasta necklaces for their shops, please don't hesitate to do so.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi
    Does anybody know where I can get a resin ring shaped like a wedding ring in Rasta colurs?
    My daughter got me one from Jamaica last year but it snapped. I have looked everywhere.
    If you can help please let me know.
    mamaden@gmail.com
    Thanks
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Denise,

    If your looking for some cool rasta jewelry to replace your daughters ring, I'd love to help.

    Please let me know what area you live in, and I may be able to recommend some local retailers for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like your writing style, superb info, thank you for posting .All words are pegs to hang ideas on

    wholesale fashion jewelry

    ReplyDelete
  6. One of the easiest techniques to show your adore for the 60s is hippie In Fashion Jewelry. It can be discrete if you want, but still quietly state your outlook in a stylish and elegant way.

    ReplyDelete